Randall Jarrell Poetry Competition
Postmark deadline: March 1 (annual)
Submissions accepted: January 15 – March 1
The Randall Jarrell Poetry Competition accepts one-poem submissions. The contest awards the winner $200 and publication in storySouth. Questions may be directed to Terry L. Kennedy, Associate Director, MFA Writing Program, at email@example.com.
Eligibility and Guidelines
- The competition is open to any writer who is a
legal resident of North Carolina or a member of the North Carolina
- Submissions should be one poem only (40-line limit).
- Poem must be single-spaced, in 12-point, standard font.
- Author's name should not appear on manuscripts.
winner and finalists will be announced in May.
- An entry fee must accompany the poem. Multiple
submissions are accepted, one poem per entry fee: $10 for NCWN members,
$15 for nonmembers.
- You may pay member entry fee if you join the NCWN with your submission.